Cultural Education Project Consultant (50d)
Government of Western Australia
12 month fixed-term with possible further fixed term and/or permanent appointment.
Aboriginality is essential as a genuine occupational qualification within the meaning of Section 50D of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984. The successful applicant will be required to submit proof of their Aboriginality
Location options are Karratha or Broome
About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE (NRT) and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At NRT our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
NRT is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Find out more by visiting our website:
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated person to join the NRT Organisational Development team
This position will be responsible for undertaking and coordinating a range of projects that contribute to the implementation of North Regional TAFE’s Reconciliation Action Plan. The role will be responsible for research, analysis and consultation to improve systems, policy and procedures and the effectiveness of cultural education in NRT
This position will consult with internal and external stakeholders and lead project activities. It will coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of project plans and phases, including the coordination of the various activities associated with achieving the project objectives. This role will also be responsible for developing a pilot cultural education framework and facilitating workshops in this field.
To be successful, you will have the following…
- Experience in coordinating projects.
- Highly developed communication skills including facilitation/presentation skills.
- The ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally
- Strong organisational skills.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional two (2) weeks Accrued Days Off
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous annual travel subsidy
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
- Up to Five (5) Cultural Leave for Aboriginal and Torres Islanders
- Relocation allowance (if applicable and only within Western Australia)
- Subsidised Housing (subject eligibility & availability)
- Subject to eligibility
- Public Sector CSA Agreement 2019 and Government Officers’ Salaries, Allowances and Conditions Award 1989
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
Please contact Jo McNeilly on (08) 9159 6786 or email
How to Apply
Please refer to the Job Description Form and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including two (2) professional referees
- A three page (maximum) written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form.
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Government of Western Australia
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: