Job Title : Education Assistant - Mainstream
STATE GOVERNMENT OF WA
Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS656980
This is an eleven (11) month fixed term, part-time (0.72FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021 with possible extension eleven (11) months and/or permanency
Roebourne District High School (DHS) is looking to appoint a Mainstream Education Assistant with a good work ethic to join their friendly school.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be required to assist in the delivery of planned education programs what will help in the development of young minds. In this role you would need to collaborate and work in a team environment, possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group programs, as well as show the ability to support general health and well-being of students.
The successful applicant will be organised and use their initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment.
Roebourne DHS caters to students from Kindergarten to Year 12, with approximately 99% of its cohort being Aboriginal. Although there are a number of language groups in Roebourne, the students generally come from three main language groups - the Ngarluma people who are the traditional owners of the land, the Yindjibarndi people and the Banyjima people. The students speak a range of languages as well as Aboriginal English. All staff are expected to adopt and to use ESL strategies for most of the students throughout the school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Roebourne District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Iain Browning for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Roebourne by telephoning 9182 3300 or emailing Iain.Browning@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten Students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent), in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 4 December 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS.
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: