Job Title : Administrative Assistant
STATE GOVERNMENT OF WA
About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
The Administrative Assistant provides professional administrative and secretarial support services to the Director Training Services Pilbara.
This position will be responsible for:
- Undertakes the preparation and dissemination of agendas, minutes, briefing notes and other discussion and decision making materials for meetings.
- Arranges and facilitates appointments and meetings.
- Performs receptionist duties, including receiving visitors, answering telephones and responding to correspondence.
- Undertakes records management including document recording, filing and archiving. • Assists managerial staff meet their financial, procurement and human resource responsibilities;
- Including reconciling credit card expenditure, checking certification reports and invoices and monitoring expenditure.
- Supports the day to day operations of the Directorate.
- Provides temporary staffing relief across the Directorate as required.
- Coordinates and arranges travel and accommodation.
- Undertakes data collection, data entry and data processing as required.
- Ensures that confidentiality is maintained in relation to confidential and sensitive matters and documents.
To be successful, you should have excellent written and oral communication skills, have experience in formal document writing such as agendas, and possess efficient time management skills.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional two (2) weeks Accrued Days Off
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous annual travel subsidy
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- Public Sector CSA Agreement 2019 and Government Officers’ Salaries, Allowances and Conditions Award 1989
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Jeffrey Cooper, Director Training Services Pilbara on 0418 941 107 or email Jeffrey.Cooper@nrtafe.wa.edu.au
Ready to Apply?
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including two (2) professional referees
- A written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form.
Advertised Reference Number: NRG015.21S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Monday, 8 March 2021 at 4:00pm (WST).
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: