Job Title : Staff Travel Officer
STATE GOVERNMENT OF WA
We have a temporary full-time appointment available to cover for maternity leave until 20 July 2021, with the possibility of a further temporary appointment/permanency.
About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
The Staff Travel Officer provides quality advisory and processing service that relates to business travel for the College. The role also coordinates and monitors all reporting, and reconciliation of payments and processing of expenditure related to staff travel and entitlements. The key responsibilities of this position include:
- coordinating all travel for College staff
- reconciling corporate credit card on a bi-monthly basis
- monitoring and reporting on all travel activity requirements related to College business
- liaise, negotiate and reviewing accommodation rates for staff work related travel
- coordinate, monitor, calculate and arranging payment for all staff travel and Annual Leave Travel Concession (ALTC) entitlements.
To be successful, you will have the following…
- Well-developed negotiation and communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) and the ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Proficiency and experience in using a range of software applications (eg. Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Email), including a computerised HR system.
- Demonstrate high-level organisational skills to manage conflicting priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Experience in the booking of travel and accommodation or the use of a travel booking systems
- Current knowledge and commitment to Equal Opportunity and Occupational Safety and Health in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave per annum (pro rata for term of contract)
- Access to an additional two (2) weeks Accrued Days Off per annum (pro rata for term of contract)
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- Public Sector CSA Agreement 2019 and Government Officers’ Salaries, Allowances and Conditions Award 1989
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Sarah Cassidy-Schroeder, HR Consultant on 9159 6767 or Sarah.Cassidy-Schroeder@nrtafe.wa.edu.au
Ready to Apply?
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including two (2) professional referees
- A brief covering letter not exceeding two (2) pages demonstrating your skills and experience against the requirements of the position as outlined in the attached JDF
Advertised Reference Number: NRG030.21S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Tuesday 6 April 2021 at 4:00pm (WST).
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: