Fixed Plant Mechanical Planner
Fixed Plant Mechanical Planner
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Residential opportunity in Dampier
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you. We are looking for a Fixed Plant Mechanical Planner to be residentially based in Dampier.
This is a great opportunity for a mechanically minded and qualified planner to make their mark in the Dampier based planning team, responsible for our iron ore assets.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Senior Planner and working in collaboration with Maintenance, Planning and Logistics team, you will be:
- Accountable for all planning of online and offline maintenance of all Fixed Plant mechanical maintenance at Dampier
- Providing subject matter expertise to site on our Planning & Scheduling and Work Management processes
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders, including site Execution Team, Asset Management, contract Vendors and site leadership to continuously improve service levels and implement process improvements;
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team;
- WA Current C Class Manual Driver’s License;
- Mechanical trade qualification;
- Demonstrated experience in fixed plant environment including reclaimers, stackers and conveyors’
- Working knowledge of SAP;
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office including Project and Excel;
- Strong experience in work management processes;
- Capable of operating in a fast paced and dynamic working environment with the ability to multi-task priorities.
What we offer
- Competitive salary package with annual performance bonus;
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months;
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options that includes, airport parking, cars and superannuation;
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family;
- Generous employee share plan;
- Company provided insurance cover;
- A broad range of employee discounts in banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more;
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters;
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority;
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path.
This role is only available for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Karratha / Dampier Western Australia.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on Wednesday 14th April 2021(Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: