Seven West Media
Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated Perth metro and WA regional newspapers.
Based in our Karratha office and reporting to the Northern Papers Editor, this role is ideal for a graduate or junior journalist keen to cut their teeth in one of the State's most exciting news patches.
The ideal candidate will have tertiary qualifications in journalism or a similar field, an understanding and keen interest in local news, sport and photography, be versed in digital operations and social media and have a desire to work collaboratively within a team.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Gathering and writing original news stories for publication in print and online platforms;
- Developing positive relationships with key people and organisations;
- Breaking news stories and create engaging content;
- Contribute to news planning meetings and liaise with the Northern Papers Editor regarding story development;
- Interviewing and photographing subjects confidently and professionally; and
- Representing the Company in a professional and courteous manner.
- The ability to work under high pressure
- Good interviewing and communication skills
- A sense of urgency and focus on deadlines
- A valid driver's licence
- A passion for local news
If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role and a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
Applications close 14 May 2021 unless the position is filled earlier.
For queries about your application contact the Northern Papers Editor on (08) 9191 9767.
Advertised: 28 Apr 2021 10:00 AM W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 14 May 2021 5:00 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Seven West Media
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: