Turnaround Planner (Electrical & Instrumentation)
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About The Unit
Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, to fulfill our vision of a collaborative society, a world without hunger and a planet respected. To meet these commitments, we have taken the lead in developing digital farming tools for precision farming and work closely with partners throughout the whole food value chain to develop more climate-friendly crop nutrition solutions. In addition, we are committed to working towards sustainable mineral fertilizer production. We foster an open culture of diversity and inclusion that promotes the safety and integrity of our employees, contractors, business partners, and society at large. Founded in 1905 to solve the emerging famine in Europe, Yara has a worldwide presence of about 17,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries.
Reporting to the Turnaround Manager, the Turnaround Planner (Electrical & Instrumentation) plans and schedules the regulatory, corrective, preventive and predictive electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities throughout the designated plant during turnarounds. The successful candidate will ensure turnaround goals and KPI’s are achieved through effective and efficient planning methods while adhering to Yara’s procedures, policies and values. This position is a fixed-term contract, with immediate commencement and approximate project completion in December 2023.
The Primary Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Ensuring the integrity of the asset is maintained.
- Compliance to site safety standards and adherence to our “Safe By Choice” principle
- Preparation and planning of all identified E&I Turnaround activities. Supports in realisation of the Turnaround goals
- Close interaction with maintenance and production teams for Turnaround scope management in SAP
- Analysing job scope, its detailing, job preparation & development of workpacks
- Built in the Quality Assurance plans, Checklist & ITP’s in the workpacks with concurrence from discipline engineers
- Checking and verifying material stock availability, creating new stock codes and ordering material as required for the job
- Verify and assign task resources as required for completion of the work
- Material tagging and issue prior to start of turnaround
- Plan, identify and collate external resources as required for the work.
- Interaction with other disciplines and functions such as Maintenance, Engineering, Production, Contractors.
- Quality assures the framework of laws and regulations, organizational policies and performance criteria that corresponds to the quality of products, customer relations, (process) safety, environment (stakeholders), labour relations, manufacturing costs and budgets
- Cooperates with maintenance coordinators, specialists/ reliability engineers for complex works detailed planning
- Comply with and support development of company Quality Management Systems, processes, and procedures
- Progress tracking of the Turnaround planning works and execution during Turnaround.
- Planning and progress tracking of the Pre-Turnaround works.
- Contribute to ensure implementation of safe work practices by Turnaround and Maintenance teams and contractors.
- Assist in preparation of Turnaround progress, compliance & KPI reports.
- Contribute to implementation of safe work practices by own team of employees and contractors.
- Supervise and guide Turnaround works as required during execution phase.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a systematic and composed fashion during normal operations, turnarounds and emergency situations to meet business requirements. Ability to coordinate and follow up work progress to ensure targets are met involving all stake holders and participation of various disciplines / work groups as applicable.
- Proper close out of Turnaround works, with written history and material management.
- Swapping of role on planning works with maintenance planners for learning the Yara work processes as required for complete Turnaround & Maintenance work management.
- TAFE/ CERT III or IV equivalent or Diploma, training in Mechanical engineering at level 4 OR equivalent Engineering degree and a wide experience within the working area
- Previous experience as a planner for turnarounds and maintenance works
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar industry (Petrochemical, Gas Processing or Oil Refining).
- 5 years for an Engineer as a planner
- Strong SAP skills are required and Intermediate/Advanced MS Office suite experience
- Working knowledge of scheduling software, MS Project OR Primavera P6 (preferred)
- Understanding of relevant industry statutory standards and regulations. Familiar with industry environmental standards and practices
- Must be fluent in English, written and oral
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.
We welcome and encourage women and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
For more information on Yara International please access www.yara.com.au
Apply no later than
28th May 2021
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: