WESTERN AUSTRALIA GOVERNMENT EDUCATION
Pilbara Education Region
Pilbara Regional Education Office
Level 2, $63,172 - $68,256 per annum (PSCA 2019)
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE685782
This is a permanent full-time position commencing August 2021
The Pilbara Education Region is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Administrative Assistant.
The successful applicant will provide administrative assistance to the Regional Office, including the preparation and delivery of correspondence, preparation and distribution of agendas and minutes of meetings and follow up on actions, where required. They will maintain an effective correspondence filing system for corporate information and records relating to projects, initiatives, committees and other branch activities. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will process incoming and outgoing correspondence, manage incoming phone calls and visitor enquiries, and assist with travel arrangements, including preparing travel documents, booking flights and accommodation.
The Pilbara Education Region is one of eight regions within the Western Australian Department of Education. The Pilbara Education Regional Education Office is located in Karratha. Educational Regional Offices provide information on local public school options, special programs and services such as school psychology, behaviour centres, home education and reporting students not attending school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed knowledge and experience in administrative and clerical functions.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Well developed verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with officers at all levels.
- Knowledge of and experience in account payments and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Leah Vogler, Coordinator Regional Operations, by telephoning (08) 9185 0111 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria [optional to select specific selection criteria], in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 July 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
PUBLISHED JDF - Generic - Administrative Assistant (Regional Office) Education Regions - PS L2 - Jul 2019.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.
WORK TYPE: Permanent - Full Time
CLOSING DATE: 2021-07-09 4:30 PM
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: