Mechanical Maintainers – Cape Lambert Ports (Residential)
- Be a part of our culturally diverse teams on site
- Residential roles in a tight-knit town of Wickham surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Get ahead financially with company benefits including fully funded relocation and subsidised company housing
- Maintain infrastructure through repairing and overhauling fixed plant equipment
- Complete preventative and corrective maintenance for all equipment in the fixed plant area
- Conduct routine inspections of fixed plant assets including automatic lubrication systems and determine repair action when required
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and comply with company policies and procedures
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects by increasing safety whilst reducing risk and cost
- Utilise SAP to ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded, assigned correctly and completed to the relevant standard / specification
- Isolate equipment for maintenance and operational tasks
- Complete quality handovers with oncoming crews and other maintenance teams including contractors as well as assisting different teams as required
- A Mechanical Engineering/Fitting trade qualification (essential)
- A Manual C-class Australian Drivers Licence (essential)
- A current Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC) or the willingness to obtain one
- Exposure in maintaining and repairing various fixed plant on ports
- Basic understanding of SAP maintenance systems or similar highly regarded
- Ability to work safely and cooperatively in a small team, demonstrating flexibility to business requirements
- The desire to relocate and reside in Wickham
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Full domestic relocation assistance provided
- Company housing provided in all residential towns
- Subsidised living expenses including rent and utilities
- Two flights to Perth per annum for you and your dependents
- Assistance with boarding costs for students in primary, secondary or post-secondary education
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options that includes residential housing, airport parking, cars and superannuation
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
About the role
We are seeking Mechanical Maintainers who are interested in joining the Port Maintenance and Operations teams acrossour Cape Lambert A&B Ports. The purpose of these roles will be to provide a safe and efficient facility through the execution of mechanical fault finding, breakdown repairs, planned and opportune maintenance.
Working a residential shift rotational 5:4 / 5:5 / 4:5 roster and reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the role will require you to:
To be successfully considered for this role, you will ideally possess:
Where you will be working
Our four independent shipping terminals at two locations, Cape Lambert and Dampier, are managed as a single port system. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, product stockpiling and blending, and ship loading. Employees reside in Wickham which is located 1,572 km north of Perth and 13 km north of Roebourne in the Pilbara region of Western Australia with Karratha being the closest town. Wickham is a fascinating historic town boasting pristine sandy beaches and excellent fishing spots.
What’s on offer?
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life. Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process. So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: