Environmental Health Officer x 2
City of Karratha
The City of Karratha is offering an opportunity for two energetic and self-motivated individuals, seeking a challenging and rewarding career, to join our Environmental Health team as the Environmental Health Officer. Two positions are currently available one being ongoing and the other being a 12 month contract. This position is based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of other benefits including, but not limited to:
- Six weeks annual leave
- Monthly ATO’s
- 13% Superannuation
The Environmental Health Officer is responsible for contributing to the performance of the Environmental Health Team in identification, assessment and management of Environmental Health risks and in providing the Council members, staff, public and the development industry with specific advice on all environmental health related matters.
They will also be required to undertake additional research, project management, program and event development, strategic environmental health planning duties.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Health or Equivalent qualifications as acceptable to the Executive Director of Public Health.
- Previous Local Government experience in the field of environmental health is desirable.
- Qualifications acceptable to enable appointment as an Authorised Person and Inspector under the Environmental Protection Act. (Noise and Unauthorised Discharges)
- Hold a current national Manual “C” class driver’s licence.
- Hold a National (or Federal) Police Certificate (no more than 6 months old).
Applications are to include a CV, completed application form, and a covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
about this position, please contact Sarah Corker or Jenna Cunningham on 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm,Tuesday 26th January 2021. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: