Community Engagement Officer
City of Karratha
Salary Package: $101,666 per annum plus superannuation
Come for a career and stay for a lifestyle!
The City of Karratha is offering an opportunity for a suitably experienced and self-motivated Community Engagement Officer to join the Partnerships and Engagement team. This position is based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of other benefits including, but not limited to:
- Six weeks annual leave
- 13% Superannuation
- Wellness program
- Monthly ATO
The Community Engagement Officer is the central point for consultation and engagement activities for the community. The role responsibility includes leading, designing, advising and organising public consultation programs for key Council projects and activities that encourage and maximise community participation and involvement.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree in either Social Sciences, Community Engagement or a recognised tertiary qualification in a relevant field to the position
- Demonstrated relevant industry experience in community engagement programs from a public sector perspective
- Experience in iap2 Engagement Principals (desirable)
- National (or Federal) Police Certificate (no more than 6 months old)
- Availability to work flexible work times (evenings, weekends) to meet requirements of the role
- Provide First Aid certificate (desirable)
Applications are to include a CV, completed application form, and a covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Jenna Cunningham or Sarah Corker on 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Tuesday 9th March 2021. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: