Woodside Laboratory Technician Traineeship
Woodside is the pioneer of the LNG industry in Australia and the largest Australian natural gas producer. They have a global portfolio and are recognised for their world-class capabilities as an integrated upstream supplier of energy.
Woodside’s success is driven by their people, and they aim to attract, develop and retain a diverse high-performing workforce. Their proven track record and distinctive capabilities are underpinned by more than 65 years of experience, making Woodside an employer and partner of choice.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This traineeship is an entry-level opportunity, working alongside the Laboratory team at Woodside’s Burrup facilities in Karratha, Western Australia.
You will support the laboratory analysts by preparing equipment and materials for the LNG laboratory, which undertakes a range of testing for both the Karratha Gas Plant and the Pluto Gas Plant.
In this position you’ll spend time in the Laboratory, as well as in the field to assist the sampling and testing out on the plant.
This traineeship is delivered over a two-year term, where you will work towards achieving a Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques (MSL40118).
Duties will include:
- Assist lab analysts with sampling in the field and testing in the laboratory
- Preparation of sampling equipment, solutions and standards
- Performing simple calibrations e.g. balances, pipettes and glassware
- Maintaining and archiving laboratory records and paperwork
- Sending out samples to external laboratories
- Entering basic laboratory data and logging samples into the laboratory information management system
- Performing basic laboratory tests
- Collecting basic samples
- Delivering and collecting samples and equipment to/from the heliport and other offsite locations
- Maintain and control stocks of lab chemicals and consumables
To be successful, you will have:
- Motivation and a genuine interest in pursuing a career in this field
- Successfully completed Secondary Education, including English, Science/Chemistry and Maths
- Strong computer skills
- A positive outlook, Drive and Self-Motivation
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- A current ‘C’ class drivers licence
- Good level of physical fitness, the ability to pass a pre-employment medical and attend regular drug and alcohol screens.
For more than 30 years, Woodside has invested significantly in infrastructure, education and community initiatives that ensure the City of Karratha remains a great place to live and work. Preference will be given to candidates who already reside in the local community, however we will consider your application if you can demonstrate a connection with Karratha and are willing to relocate at your own expense.
For more information visit our website at programmed.com.au/woodside
Applications close 5.00pm on Sunday 25th April 2021.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: