Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS572964
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2019
Karratha Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an organised and reliable individual to join the administrative team in the role of School Officer.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the financial, physical and human resources of the school whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material. You will provide assistance to other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date, along with general word processing tasks.
As the School Officer you are the first point of contact, the successful applicant will have a customer focus, excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and be professionally presented. Ideally you will have a high level of Information Computer Technology (ICT) competency and be able to display a commitment to building positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the wider community.
Karratha SHS has a population of over 1000 students and is situated on a state of the art dynamic and revolutionary campus which was completed in 2013. Students at Karratha SHS come from all contributory primary schools as well as those from across Australia. Many families move to Karratha and surrounding townships such as Dampier, Point Samson, Roebourne and Wickham to work in the diverse mining and retail industries in the region.
The school motto “Towards Tomorrow” ensures that the school’s curriculum focuses on preparing all students for the future. The motto embraces the aim of nurturing responsible and caring individuals in order that they are fully prepared for success in a rapidly changing world.
At Karratha SHS, students, parents, staff and all other stakeholders work together to support all activities that form part of learning program at the school. Through this partnership, we share the responsibility for the growth and development of our students, striving to make our school a safe, respectful, innovative and exciting learning environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Karratha Senior High School can be found by visiting www.karrathashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Jennifer McMahon, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Karratha, by telephoning (08) 9187 8000 or emailing Principal.Karratha.SHS@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 March 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.